I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Proposal

Ok, so sorry about not posting in a little bit. I was too busy getting ready for my Valentine's Day weekend with Remy. ^_^
-
And in the spirit of Valentine's day, I feel now would be a great time to tell you all the Proposal Story. ^_^ So gather round and get comfy.
-
My one friend from high school got married June 20, 2009. I was one of her bridesmaids and my entire family was invited. Mom, my sister, and Remy were all guests. What a great opportunity! I was busy with the bridesmaid duties; leaving Remy and Mom alone time to have the "ask parent's permission" talk (I have an old-school, widowed mother).
-
Remy has a social disability that makes it hard for him to confront people, and so just asking my mother's permission - even though we all knew she'd say yes - was a MAJOR task for him, and even with the opportunity available I wasn't so sure he'd be able to take advantage of it. Well, it kept most of the reception, but he finally pulled my mother aside to have "the talk."
-
Well, in the end Mom did give her blessing - after Remy and I dating for six years! He even made my mother tear up as he showed her the ring he had been carrying around for about two years! He nearly tipped her over to flat out crying when he informed her how he planned on proposing. Remy later informed me that my reaction to his proposal was almost identical to my Mom's reaction. Good God, I'm turning into my mother! ^_^
-
Anyway, the day after my friend's wedding was Father's Day, and so I drove Remy home to spend it with his father. The odd thing was that he really didn't spend much time with Donald once we actually got to his home. In fact, I think I spent more time with his parents than he did.
-
When we got to his house he took our bags upstairs - I was going to spend a few days up there since I was unemployed at the time - and I said hello to his parents. We all then heard Remy yelling while upstairs. I offered to go help him look for whatever it was that he was searching for, thinking it might have been his Father's Day gift for Donald. When he barked that I need to stay downstairs and not help him I knew something was up.
-
He then began an argument with Kitty. As per usual, she "cleaned" and rearranged his room unnecessarily while he was away, and ended up moving something on him. As he and Kitty searched his room for the misplaced item I got to keep Donald company.
-
Eventually, the item was found and Kitty rejoined me and Donald in the living room. Remy, however, stayed upstairs for about another fifteen minutes. At this point I still had no clue what he was planning, but I had a feeling it had something to do with a proposal, and I wished he wasn't so agitated before popping the question.
-
Finally, Remy joined us downstairs and we all wished Donald a happy Father's Day. Remy and Kitty gave him their gifts, and we talked a little bit more. Then Kitty told Donald to join her upstairs so Remy and I could have some alone time. The way she said it, the twinkle in her eye, I knew then what Remy was about to do, and I wanted to call out, "No! Stay here, I want people to witness this!" I didn't want to ruin Remy's moment though, so I quietly let them leave.
-
Now there is a large, blue recliner in Remy's living room. There is no couch or other recliner. Only the one recliner and a few wooden chairs. And Remy claims the recliner is "his," but I sneak into it whenever I can. This was one of those times. While I was talking to Kitty and Donald, and Remy was upstairs searching for his mystery item, I took the opportunity to steal "Remy's Chair." Meanwhile, Remy was sitting in my normal chair. And so, once his parents vacated, the first thing Remy did was move me out of "his" chair. I thought nothing of it as he took me by the hands, walked me over to "my" chair, and sat me down. It was when he then kneeled that my heart jumped!
-
Being majorly into astronomy and alligators, I had given Remy a stuffed alligator for his birthday last year, and it came with a tag that would allow you to register a star in your name. I thought it would be AMAZING for Remy to have his own star. Well, Remy thought otherwise, and after battling with the website used for the star registration (which is why he had remained upstairs for that additional fifteen minutes), he finally registered his star in the Cassiopeia constellation. The name? "CasieHart Will You Marry Me" My name had to be one word because he didn't have enough available characters to include a space.
-
Anyway, back to him getting down on one knee! So, as he pulled out the ring box I didn't even give the poor boy a chance to ask me before I started slapping him on the shoulders! I just kept crying out, "Oh, no you didn't!" He looked up at me (which wasn't REALLY "up" since he was almost eye-level with me - I'm too short! TT_TT), the ring still brilliantly sparkling even in the living room's dim lighting, and asked me very gently, "Casie Hart, will you marry me?"
-
Of COURSE I didn't actually respond to him! I just kept slapping his shoulders and kissing him. Eventually, I realized that I never officially said "yes," and so I choked out the word. I then shoved my hand in his face, squeaking "Put it on! Put it on! Put it on!"
-
Remy then informed me off the star name and how he was originally going to have me read the printed certificate, but the website wasn't working well with the family computer, and so he could only verbally inform me of the star. He didn't even know if the star was officially registered. Hell, I don't car if it's actually registered! I'm telling people about it anyway! Who'd know if it was or wasn't official? ^_^
-
After having the ring actually on my hand, I playfully yelled at my new fiance:
"Why didn't you do this with people around?"
"That star was supposed to be for you, goof!"
"What do you mean Mom, Celia, Sue, and both your parents knew!?"
-
Well, apparently the answer for that last question went something like this. After Mom gave her blessing Remy showed her the ring, as I said above. He then waited until I was distracted with the bridesmaid stuff and showed Celia and Sue the ring and informed them of his plan. Finally, while driving him back home, Remy called to inform his parents of his plan while I was pumping gas. He even called them using MY cell phone!
-
Anyway, after I finished harassing Remy, I frantically took a good picture of my left hand using my cell and sent it to Mom and Celia. I called up my mom shortly after and we all had an excited squeal-fest. After that I called just about everyone in my cell phone's contact list. I informed both of my female cousins by officially asking them to be my bridesmaids.
-
I spent the next two hours refusing to call Remy anything but "My fiaaaaaaaaance!" I stared at the ring until the sparkle nearly blinded me. And I randomly turned to Remy and said, "This is really real now! I mean, for REALS! We're seriously going to be married in a year or two! I'll be Mrs. Wilson in like a year or two!"
-
I do need to add this in as sort of a P.S. to this story. The reason why Remy picked the Cassiopeia constellation. There is a scene in the beginning of the movie Serendipity where John Cusack's character points out that Kate Beckinsale's character's freckles resembles the Cassiopeia constellation. And Remy pointed out that I too have the constellation on my arm. He even pointed out a freckle that would be the rough location of "my star." Check out the pictures below!
------
The picture I sent to my mother and sister to show them that Remy proposed!
-
A better picture of my ring! I still couldn't quite get the sparkle... I suck at taking pictures...
-
My freckled left arm. Do you see Cassiopeia?
-
Can you see the constellation now? ^_^
-
The arrow points to the freckle that is the rough estimation of "my star" in the constellation!
-
Close up of the "my star" freckle. ^_^ Can you find it in the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment