I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Romance Story

OK, need a little background on me and the wonderful fiance? I'm all for that! Here's everything according to my POV and recollection.
-
Remy and I ended up going to the same Lycoming College Freshmen Orientation weekend towards the end of June 2002. If I remember correctly, Saturday night there was a mixer with karaoke and volleyball. I sang on the balcony outside the college store Jack's Place (JPs for short). Remy was on the Quad playing volleyball. He claims he vaguely remembers me singing
"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks while he played, but we didn't meet then.
-
Sunday farewell brunch, just before sending the families home until August 23rd, Mom found an empty table and we were shortly after joined by an older couple. Being quite talkative, Mom and I soon found out from the couple that they had a daughter that was already attending Lyco, and that was a main reason their son was now going to attend. Eventually they waved down a tall, broad, shy guy who joined us, but he didn't really talk enough to leave a lasting impression. In fact, I didn't really recall ever previously meeting Remy (we ended up being assigned to the same dorm floor and that's where I THOUGHT I met him...) until parent's weekend when I was re-introduced to his parents. In fact, Kitty and Donald are near impossible to forget!
-
Remy and I had further interactions our fall semester, but we didn't really click as friends until Karaoke Night in the following spring semester. I believe it was the February monthly karaoke; the same night I was "initiated" into The Inaccurate Triad, a small group of Remy's guy friends, and one of them was a mutual friend. The group was really big into "
The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, and the last book in the series had the cover tag "The fifth book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhikers Trilogy." Since the group consisted of four guys and now two girls, the "Inaccurate Triad" seemed an appropriate group name. Anyway, from that point on Remy and I were inseparable.
-
Despite me still technically dating someone else, many thought Remy and I were a couple throughout that spring semester! What I think really bonded us was the joint lamenting sessions we had over our lost loves - he had a crush on someone and I had broken up with that as-for-mentioned boyfriend - as well as being the only ones willing to listen to the other's mourning. Remy later informed me that he realized he liked me during one of his solo sessions in which his normal "I love Lauren" Freudianly Slipped to "I love Casie." He also informed me that upon returning from a Reel Big Fish concert held on campus, Remy felt he was really falling for me and almost built up the courage to tell me so.
-
My first realization of my feelings was when his mother forced him to dress up for his sister's dance show. It was one of those "cleans up well" moments. I knew he was forced to do some major grooming, and so I had the camera at the ready, but I nearly forgot to take the picture when my heart jumped at my first sight of him. My second sign was when he left for home at the end of the semester. I still THOUGHT I had feelings for my ex-boyfriend, however I was missing Remy more, even after just one day apart.
-
May 1, 2003, Remy, the other girl in our group (Emma), and I were talking in AIM. Remy devised a plan to match up Emma with one of his old high school friends. The plan worked beautifully. The next day Remy and I talked via AIM (I was still at school and he was home). We commented on how awesome his matchmaking skill were. I was ready to get over my ex, and so I asked Remy to match me up with someone. Gathering courage, Remy did something he rarely did. At 12:19am, on May 3, 2003, via instant messenger, Remy asked me "Casie Hart, will you go out with me?" The question threw me for a moment before I finally agreed.
-
Our first date wasn't until my birthday in July. We went out to dinner and watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl." Our first kiss, however, was a day before (I think it was just one day...). We had just finished watching "Spiderman" in my room and we decided to re-enact the famous "upside down kiss." I laid on my bed with my head hanging off the edge, and he kissed me. Just writing about that moment gave me chills and caused my heart to jump! ^_^
-
Although Remy and I did slow dance in the rain outside the movie theatre that first date, our first OFFICIAL slow dance was when we were at Dorney Park for my nineteenth birthday - a start of a birthday tradition that lasted five years. Emma, Remy, and I were sitting outside a gift shop; waiting for the motion sickness pills to kick in. It started drizzling a little and "In the Still of the Night" started playing on the nearby park speakers. Remy pulled me to my feet and we danced, ignoring everyone else in the park.
-
When Remy called me that one winter day to inform me that he wasn't going to be able to return to Lyco for our Sophomore spring semester, my heart dropped. I didn't know how we'd be able to hold on to a long-distance relationship. Well, nearly seven years seems to prove that we're strong and ready for this new chapter in our lives. And the realisation that I wouldn't see him so frequently - no longer taking for grated that he'd be right there - was when I knew I was in love. Simply because I didn't want to walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment