I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Wedding Date is Picked!

Whoot! I typed that last blog post up so quickly I am able to quickly do a second post! Hooray for catching up! Anyway, let's get to it before I run out of time!
-
-
Jan 2, 2010
-
Happy New Year! I have to get used to writing 2010 instead of 2009. Anyway, through some strong-arming by Mom, I have decided on a wedding date! I, uh, called Remy after the fact to inform him of such. *blush*
-
So Remy had originally picked out October 6th as our wedding date because of a two-hold reason. First, because October is my favorite month, so why not make it even better? Second, our anniversary is May third (5/3), and since a marriage is twice as important, why not double the date? Thus October sixth (10/6). Throughout the years, October 6th - originally a weekend date for the year Remy wanted to get married in (2006 or 2007) - has fallen on a weekday, and so we just decided to get married the first Sunday of October. Why Sunday? Um... because it's cheaper than Saturday. *blush again*
-
Well, now that Remy and I are OFFICIALLY engaged, a date needed to be picked. Not know which year we'd be financially ready, I chose one date in each of the next three years. October 2nd if we're married by 2011. We'll have October 6th back (but as a Saturday) if we're married in 2012. And we'll have our prized October 6th on a Sunday in 2013. In 2013 Remy and I will be a couple for ten years, so I sure as hell hope we'd be married by then!
-
Anyway, at Christmas one of my cousins on my mom's side of the family had proposed to his long-term, share-a-house, girlfriend (in other words, we knew it was coming soon). Well, yesterday my mom's side of the family gathered for New Years at my one aunt's house. While there, I guess my cousin's mom informed my mom that he was looking at a date in late September. Afraid that they would pick a date too close to mine, Mom ORDERED me to solidify a date. Sort of calling "dibs." Personally, I thought informing them of the three dates I had in mind would be good enough. Just stay away from the first weekend in October for the next three years, not too hard. Mom wanted an official date, however.
-
She also figured that now I can officially start talking to vendors without having to state "I'm getting married when I have the finances, and so I'd just like a quote so I can guesstimate what I need to budget." Admittedly a bit of a mouthful I'm not sad to see go. I still tried battling back, however, informing Mom that I couldn't possibly pick a date because I didn't know about our finances - which are growing painfully slowly - and Mom always rebutted with "You can always push the date back." Well, if that's the case, why pick a date? Why not say "Either October 2, 2011 or October 6, 2012 or 2013, depending on finances"? I mean, people may say "Oh, the wedding is October of 2011" and end up filling up the 2012 or 2013 date. It just seems easier for people to have one day each year planned to be open and if we get married the year before they can just fill it in later. Ya know?
-
Well, regardless, Mom twisted my arm and we chose October 2, 2011. It was indeed a tough choice, however. Do I get married to Remy in a little more than a year or do I push back our marriage one MORE year so we can have our beloved October 6th anniversary date? I have to admit that although being married to Remy in 2011 would be AMAZING, a part of me still kind of wants some sort of delay to force us until 2012 so we can have that original date back.
-
Oh well, the date is set and it's posted on Facebook as an unofficial "save the date." That was when I realized how bad it would be if Remy found out our wedding date a)through Facebook, or worst b)through a mutual friend who saw it on Facebook. So I quickly called him with the FYI. Thankfully he had no complaints about the date I selected.
-
On May 3, 2010 we will be a couple for seven years. I waited six for the ring. And now we have an official wedding date after so long. It feels weird. Good weird, but weird. ^_^ Let the countdown begin!

637 days!
-
Oh, P.S.
I talked to Clarissa on the phone tonight! Yay! I haven't really had a chance to connect with her ever since she moved out to Washington state. Well, she's one of the few people that has been a large supporter of me and Remy the entire relationship, and she was just so excited to hear about my wedding planning progress. She wants to help us any way her creative mind can.
-
Originally, she was offering to make my gown - since no one makes a style even close to what I've been picturing, and so I'll probably need it custom made anyway. And even though I think she's a great seamstress and was very gung ho about the offer, she isn't terribly confident in her own skills.
-
After talking some more we fell upon the rose/sword motif. Clarissa is a great artist and is pretty good at Photoshop. Now artistic little Clarissa is in charge of designing the computer graphic rendering of the motif I will plaster everywhere! I was originally do it myself, but she's better at drawing than I am, it's one less thing for me to worry about, and it would mean so much for her artwork to be attached to SOOOO much of my wedding. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment